Saturday, June 12, 2010

Alethia. Saving Faith.

"Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well."
-Luke 17:19.

Do you perceive how much our daily lives require faith? I realize that we are not only saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, but almost every moment in our lives is a call to faithfulness. The question always is, "Will I choose to believe God?"
It all comes down to who or what you believe. Sin makes a promise. God makes a promise. Wicked lives are just resultants of human agents choosing to believe in lies. It goes something like this...

Sin: "You will not surely die...you will be like God." (Genesis 3:4-5.)
God: "In my presence is the fullness of joy." (Psalm 16:11.)

Which do you believe?
OR maybe it goes something like this...

Sin:"Enjoy the moment. Repent later. It'll feel real good."
God: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you...to give you a future and a hope."
Every moment. Every day. A call to make a choice. Our lives consist of our choices. Your JOY depends on your choices. Who you will be tomorrow depends on your decisions today. Choose well. Eternity awaits. Just a few more years...
_____________________________________________________
My newborn, Alethia. She was born on June 3rd. Thank you, Jesus. Live up to your name, girl...change the world with the truth, that is, Jesus Christ!
_____________________________________________
Something I came across. You decide what you want to do with it. The source seems pretty credible to me:

Curt Jurgens, a German actor and idol, had a negative experience when his heart stopped during much of the four hours it took Dr. Michael Debakey in Houston to replace part of an aorta (the main blood vessel):

Soon I had a feeling that life was ebbing from me. I felt powerful sensations of dread. I had been looking up into the big glass cupola over the operating room. This cupola now began to change. Suddenly it turned glowing red. I saw twisted faces grimacing as they stared down at me.

I tried to struggle upright and defend myself against these ghosts, who were moving closer to me. Then it seemed as if the glass cupola had turned into a transparent dome that was slowly sinking down over me. A fiery rain was now falling, but though the drops were enormous, none of them touched me. They spattered down around me, and out of them grew menacing tongues of flames licking up about me.

I could no longer shut out the frightful truth: beyond the faces dominating this fiery world were faces of the damned. I had a feeling of despair … the sensation of horror was so great it choked me.

Obviously I was in Hell itself, and the glowing tongues of fire could be reaching me any minute. In this situation, the black silhouette of a human figure suddenly materialized and began to draw near. It was a woman in a black veil, a slender woman with a lipless mouth and in her eyes an expression that sent icy shudders down my back.

She stretched out her arms toward me and, pulled by an irresistible force, I followed her. An icy breath touched me and I came into a world filled with faint sounds of lamentation, though there was not a person in sight. Then and there I asked the figure to tell me who she was. A voice answered: “I am death."

I summoned all my strength and thought: “I’ll not follow her any more, for I want to live.”

(To Hell and Back by Dr Maurice Rawlings, pg. 76-77)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Unbelievable! I'm so happy for you and Michelle SMN! (Although I also cannot believe that you named her Alethia... memories...) Anyways, I'm glad you guys are doing well!
I'm in Korea right now, so we'll keep in touch through our blogs for now. =]

JuliaLee said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! congrats on your daughter!!!! many blessings upon her!

your daughters and abby/elyse should have play dates together. :) lemme warn you though -- having a 2nd daughter changes the dynamics! fyi, elyse is pretty strong-headed so abby has gotten quieter. not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing..