Sunday, July 27, 2008

Clown Car

Just got home. It is 8:28 pm. Gotta be a new record for me...I fit 7 people into my Camry. I probably beat those clown cars at circuses, where all those clowns keep coming out of a mini car. Whew!
I would've made it home earlier, but as I was parking my car, I realized that I don't have anything in my refrigerator. Since my wife left for Korea, it would appear that I have reverted back to my bachelor regiment of Raisin Bran Crunch and milk. One could only endure so much fiber. Hence, I went to Roosevelt Field mall (NY), gave out some gospel tracts and afterwards ate some grub at the food court. Upon finishing my meal, I looked across the table and saw an empty chair in front of me. Felt a tad bit lonely. Haha...ummm...why am I laughing? Weird.

Man, worship was awesome today! Perhaps it's still a retreat high, but I would like to think that God has done something real and visceral in the lives of all of us at Diaspora Church. When we sang, "Our God is mighty to save" I felt as if it was coming straight from our hearts. I also sensed God working powerfully through the message. Jesus gets all the glory!

I didn't mention this on my first blog, but one of the most powerful and touching moments for me during Diaspora's retreat was when Jason (student at Rutger's University) washed the feet of his younger brother Jonathan. Afterwards, they embraced one another in a hug that had to be scripted by God. Jason, by his own admission, talks about his rocky past with his brother (http://iamsouledout.blogspot.com/ ) and glorifies God for the healed relationship.

As some of you know, I just returned on Saturday from a retreat with Eun Hae Church's English Ministry. That made 2 retreats in 1 week for me. Though I was the guest speaker, I was the one who came away blessed. It was funny (well, maybe not funny) that I spoke on 'living hope,' and how eternal life gives us the backbone to withstand the storms of life; then BAM--just like that, I had a mini-storm...with a NJ state trooper who pulled me over for speeding. I know, I know...this 'storm' was a consequence of my inability to keep the law of the land. I was ticketed--but I was shown grace...it wasn't that bad. I kept things in perspective, and got through the storm =)
I was truly encouraged by Eun Hae Church's commitment to prayer and by their service in the local church. Many of them have a true servant's heart...some have returned from missions, others teach the teens at the church, and still others either serve on praise team or intercessory prayer. Eun Hae Church, I can't help but believe that God will answer your prayers. Hearing you pour your hearts out in prayer moved me, and I know that our God has heard. He has not, and will not leave us comfortless!
You all made me feel truly welcomed. Police tickets and all, the retreat was a blessing for me...I hope it was for all of you as well. I know you're going through a struggle right now...but hold on...the gates of Hell will never overcome the Church of Jesus Christ. Just keep worshipping with that genuine passion and love for God. Seek His face in prayer, and the pieces will begin to fall into place.

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." -Revelation 3:21

Whoa, we get to sit with Christ on His throne??? Yup, talk about a 'living hope!' Live empowered by the cross today. Crazy amazing things await us in Heaven. Turn your eyes upon Jesus, turn your gaze upon His beautiful face; and the things of this world will grow strangely dim. =)))

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a crazy thought~
we are deemed righteous enough to sit on the throne with Christ...
how unworthy i still am until that day comes, thank You Christ for the blood that cleanses me!

"Felt a tad bit lonely. Haha...ummm...why am I laughing? Weird."

LOL!
next time~ bring ur other wife Justin with u~ whooops did i say that aloud? =X

thanx for the blog, i do feel encouraged and blessed to see how God is using u brother,
God bless u.

Anonymous said...

Amen...
And I never knew about that verse of Revelations until today, and I thank you for showing me this because I believe this is what I really needed. Thanks =]

Unknown said...

hello pastor steven,
The retreat was such a blessing for us as well. Thank you so much for delivering God's messages to us. May God continue to bless you and use you to share the heart of God.

youngmee :D

Unknown said...

Hey Pastor Steven, I can't thank you enough for being a part of our retreat. I know God has this EM in his arms and this storm is going to become this blessing. Thanks for teaching us about living hope. hope we can be able to see you soon, ttyl again thank you and God bless

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve

I was just thinking it was a little strange calling you Pastor Stephen because I don't ever remember calling you that. Retreat was truly a blessing and thank you for coming. Hopefully the next time we see each other, it won't be like 2 years.