Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Return. Forward Progress.


They're back!!! Korean Airlines Flight 85 came back an entire hour early yesterday. My wife looked radiant, my child...cute. Drool running down her chin and all, I gave her a big kiss as soon as I saw her. She smiled and it just made my day. One month of separation quickly faded into oblivion. This trip was particularly difficult for my wife--who had her hands full with Faith (she got sick in Korea).

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." -1 Timothy 1:15

The verse above was written by the apostle Paul. Having persecuted Christians prior to his conversion, I would reason that there were times during his preaching days when Satan (that adversary) would use Paul's sinful past as an accusation against him. Reflecting on Paul's life, I would further reason that Paul experienced victory against his accuser.

Daily must I remind myself that in front of the eyes of God, I am righteous. The righteousness of Christ was imputed to my life at the cross. When I put faith in Jesus Christ, my sins went on Him, and His righteousness became mine. Reformer Martin Luther called this the "sweet exchange." Paul knew it when he wrote the verse above. TODAY, it serves as a reminder to me that MY sins...not in part, but the whole...were nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more! Praise the Lord, O my soul! This is amazing grace, and it is this grace that gives me the heart and resolve to live for Jesus TODAY.

So many times, we feel unworthy to do service for Christ. Our sins glare out in our memories--brighter than a Las Vegas show sign in the desert night. We feel like hypocrites, and instead of running to God (who knows all our sins anyway), we run from him. We fall deeper into sin. Our lives are crippled and we become unfruitful. Friend, experience victory today. Move forward for Christ. Look to the cross.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Whoever made this video did a great job of catching the actions from the movie that fit the song. I was blessed by this video:

2 comments:

Paul Han said...

Nice video...

pinkwords said...

Hi moksanim!! =D
its sujinnnn
haha so happy that i get to see samonim and faithhh
see you sunday~