This is my first blog on blogspot.com. Xanga has way too many ridiculous ads and so I'm trying this site.
Just got home from a four day retreat with Diaspora Church. Physically fatigued, but spiritually rejuvenated. Call it a paradox, but even though I was the one "ministering" at the retreat, I came home as the one who had been 'ministered unto.' When we serve, we gain. When we die, we live. Active service in the local church is tiring, yes--but it is also very fulfilling. It is one of the clearest ways we explicitly demonstrate our love for Jesus (John 21:16).
This year's officers washed the feet of the entire group. It was the first time anyone had washed my feet. I then instructed the teachers to wash the officers' feet. It was the first time I washed another person's feet. Many tears were shed, and the John 13 context came out vividly as the washing took place. Everyone was tremendously blessed.
Man, I would write more...but my bed is calling me. I am tired. Well, till next time...
Just got home from a four day retreat with Diaspora Church. Physically fatigued, but spiritually rejuvenated. Call it a paradox, but even though I was the one "ministering" at the retreat, I came home as the one who had been 'ministered unto.' When we serve, we gain. When we die, we live. Active service in the local church is tiring, yes--but it is also very fulfilling. It is one of the clearest ways we explicitly demonstrate our love for Jesus (John 21:16).
This year's officers washed the feet of the entire group. It was the first time anyone had washed my feet. I then instructed the teachers to wash the officers' feet. It was the first time I washed another person's feet. Many tears were shed, and the John 13 context came out vividly as the washing took place. Everyone was tremendously blessed.
Man, I would write more...but my bed is calling me. I am tired. Well, till next time...

2 comments:
Awesome! You can never hunger for Him enough, and you can never be filled enough. Be blessed.
The retreat was a tremendous blessing to me in so many ways.
I believe that God has so much in store for DEM as long as we continue to be a church based on the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Hallelujah! :D
Post a Comment